NEW BLOG

Follow my continued adventures at annsterzinger.com.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Clarification: Rachel Haywire is not an embezzler... that I know of.

Lest I wind up in jail for trying not to wind up in jail...

(Get the background story for this update here: http://mattforney.com/rachel-haywire-scammed-trigger-warning/)

I have no evidence that Rachel Haywire actually misused any funds from the Trigger Warning Indiegogo campaign. For all I know she has a perfectly lovely and organized accounting ledger which she just never let me see because... er, because...

Yeah, that's where my mind kept getting stuck. She told me about all the crazy expenses she had doled out for, but none of it made much sense, and a ledger was never proffered.

Let me repeat: I never saw proof of what happened with the finances.

There were all kinds of frightening indications that she might have spent all the money on God knows what: Her lame excuses for stalling in paying me for my writing and labor; her insistence that I take half the money now and get the other half after continuing to work for her for an indefinite length of time; her admission during our last Skype call that she was pretty much broke; her suggestion that she and I take any extra "mad money" and go on a sexcation to see some guy she was interested in, presumably with me as wing girl.

Therefore, I moved to expose her not because I was certain she had committed any crime, but because there were enough indications to make me afraid she might have. And considering her past behavior toward myself and others, I had reason to suspect she would try to pin the blame on me should the shit hit the fan.

The bottom line: I wanted to make public the fact that I never saw the money, and I was never allowed to touch the money or see any financial records; for all I know Rachel has virtuously put it in a trust fund for the magazine or invested it in gold bonds for the future. So for your sake and mine, avoid all slander, libel, etc.

Thanks, and have a nut-job-free day! I know I will. Ahhhhhhh, that feels good.

12 comments:

  1. It sucks that you got scammed by Rachel Haywire, but unfortunately, she's a known quantity. Historically she literally just comes up with some shitty idea, obsesses over it for a while then runs off once enough people realize she's just a garbage human being. Now, it's difficult because the people who tend to realize this often get very anti-semitic and racist, so it's hard to see what's actually the problem. But ultimately she's a hack, believes in inevitable race wars(because she dates white supremacists). She's also a lying drug abusing bourgie-ass poser. Again, I'm sorry you got scammed. But she literally makes her nut doing this shit. and then claims to be a great uniter by trying to get morons at rags Taki mag to be even slightly progressive. It's adorable to watch though. I think this would make great television. watch weird misogynists and racists get scammed by the great jewish hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Rachel believes in race wars? Didn't she say in her Medium article that one of the reasons she left the Dork Enlightenment was that she wasn't happy with all the race-focused stuff? Maybe you know something I don't.

      Delete
    2. Believe me, I feel like a prize moron... As the title of my blog implies, I try not to pay too much attention to the Intertube flotsam and jetsam. Boy, did it bite me in the ass this time.

      Delete
    3. As Harlan Ellison once wrote, "it's easy to be smart...later."

      Good luck in all you do.

      Delete
    4. Thanks! I'd like to be smart earlier next time. As I've said elsewhere, I need to quit giving people who are unintentionally entertaining the benefit of the doubt. I feel affection for their goofiness and then comes the knife.

      Delete
  2. James Williamson of Creation Books (himself a scammer and a thief, but I go off piste) once said that the trouble with the counterculture is that most of the people are in it for a reason - chiefly because they're seven beers short of a six pack and the underground is a place where being crazy is tolerated and sometimes even celebrated.

    It's too bad that funny-crazy (like writing Naked Lunch) so often goes along with not-funny-crazy (like shooting Joan Vollmer in the head)

    Maybe Rachel's behavior seems honest and sane and reasonable to herself. Who knows. Her brain is very much a "black box"...we can't see the process, just the final result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think she thinks she appears to care about me deeply. To her, that's about as close as you get to honesty.

      Delete
  3. I was wondering why the crowdfunding campaign is still up in your name and verified email address and accepting money. Where does that money go if anyone donates? Why not put an update on that page and let people know what's up about Haywire being a scheming capitalist pig?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still accepting money!?!?! Holy shit, I have to fix that. It's going straight into Rachel's PayPal account and then who knows.

      Delete
    2. (thanks for the tip, Jeebus H. on a pogo stick)

      Delete
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1bquctgLZc


    ReplyDelete
  5. When was this recorded?

    https://vimeo.com/136769461

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can post, but please, if you want to be anonymous, come up with an amusing handle so we can tell you apart. Thanks!